13 percent – this is the sum of the teams that have changed coaches since the beginning of this NHL season. We're not even halfway there.
Last week alone, Jim Montgomery (Dallas – unprofessional behavior) and Pete DeBoer (San Jose – result-based) were replaced as fourth and fifth bank bosses. With the exception of the Toronto Maple Leafs, who immediately named Sheldon Keefe, the rest of them decided to temporarily assign interims. Do you blame her?
Toronto Maple Leafs
Geoff Ward *
New Jersey Devils
Alain Nasreddine *
Rick Bowness *
San Jose Sharks
Bob Boughner *
FANTASY POOL ALARM!
Play in the Sportsnet Fantasy Hockey Pool presented by RAM and take the chance to drive away with a 2020 RAM 1500 sport or win cash prizes! It's FREE and easy to play!
1. The simple buy-low targets in San Jose are on the blue line.
Brent Burns, who has been the NHL's main defender for the past five years, is currently in the midst of a nasty, senseless drought of eleven games. That's going to change. In the event that you haven't figured it out, Erik Karlsson is the other name to look into.
2. Whatever you do, stay away from San Jose until further notice. Let's see if Bob Boughner can do a miracle.
3. In the meantime, I don't expect a big difference to Dallas. You are an eternal contender and that is how you played. I'm more interested in how things develop on the Internet. Recently, they have used their backup goalie more often than most teams. Watch closely.
4. Valeri Nichushkin is another impressive example of a player who just needed a change of scene. The 24-year-old, who is in Dallas, Colorado after an off-season buyout, is beginning to rebuild self-confidence after last season's debauchery. The tenth selection from the 2013 NHL draft has scored six goals in its last ten games. Take him for a spin!
5. Calgary's seven-game winning streak ended Saturday afternoon with a 4-0 loss to Carolina. Despite this rash, the depth of Calgary could offer you reasonable short-term value. This is mainly due to the fact that Johnny Gaudreau, Sean Monahan and Elias Lindholm are currently distributed over the first three lines. Check out Dillon Dube and Andrew Mangiapane.
6. Everyone is waiting for a Taylor Hall trade and I'm just sitting here talking about Chandler Stephenson. The 25-year-old has two goals and an assist in his first six games at the Golden Knights. He is currently focusing on Max Pacioretty and Mark Stone, which makes him relevant to the imagination for the first time in his career. Enough said.
7. Since a trade seems to be imminent, the fantasy world is waiting with breath to see what kind of fetch the Devils can get for Hall. For the rest of the season, life is not easy without the 2018 Hart Trophy winner in New Jersey. The three goals in two games last weekend were a clear indication of the growing pain ahead. The sellout is just beginning. Be ahead.
8. Pray to Philadelphias Oskar Lindblom. A rare form of bone cancer was diagnosed in the 23-year-old. He'll be out for the rest of the season.
Stream NHL games on Sportsnet NOW
Stream over 500 NHL games without a blackout, including Flames, Oilers, Leafs, and Canucks. Plus Hockey Night in Canada, Rogers Hometown Hockey, Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey and more.
9. At the beginning of the week, the Flyers also lost Travis Konecny (concussion). Lindblom and Konecny calmly share the team leadership at the goals with 11. The rookies Morgan Frost and Joel Farabee as well as the veteran James van Riemsdyk have to count on the fact that they are not one but two top six strikers. Notice.
10. Several reports indicate that the coyotes may be the frontrunners in landing the above hall. Add this treat to the growing list of reasons optimistic about Clayton Keller's recent hot phase. The 21-year-old has scored three goals and eight points in eight competitions. To buy.
11. Staying in the desert is another cheeky waiver, to consider adding the Carl Soderberg Veterans Center. The 34-year-old has two goals and five assists in December.
12. After his hat trick against one of his former teams (Columbus) on Saturday afternoon, Anthony Duclair of Ottawa is well on his way to scoring solid 45 goals. It is one thing. However, there is clearly a high sales opportunity here. Do it!
13. After Anthony Mantha has returned from an injury to Detroit, it is now a logical time for you to take on Tyler Bertuzzi and / or Dylan Larkin. This trio was fantastic value for money at the start of the season. You are a fool.
14. For the time being, just keep an eye on the St. Louis Blue-Chipper Jordan Kyrou. The 21-year-old striker has returned to the NHL on his second business trip, and Craig Berube will definitely give him the opportunity to play an outstanding goal-scoring role. Remember Vladimir Tarasenko's absence leaves a big hole. The blues are another team that is said to be in the hall.
15. Act for Columbus & # 39; Cam Atkinson. After a slow start, the 30-year-old has scored four goals in the last five games. I am willing to take a calculated risk for a player who has scored an average of 34 goals in the last four seasons. Yes, please!
16. Staying with Columbus could soon prepare Pierre-Luc Dubois for an outbreak. You don't have to overpay him either.
Sign up for the NHL newsletter
Get the best of our NHL reporting and exclusive offers straight to your inbox!
17. Shovel Jakob Silfverberg. The double qualified Ducks winger is on a quiet path with 29 goals and 57 points. Boom!
18. From Chicago I have seen enough to be confident of advising you to pull the shaft in this buckle situation. Incidentally, this is not a charge against Robin Lehner and Corey Crawford. The Blackhawks don't seem interested in helping their goalkeeper. Go on.
19. We are shortly before a week with 50 games in the NHL. A total of seven teams (ANA, COL, CBJ, DAL, EDM, NSH and OTT) play four times, the rest of the racetrack has three game days.
Senior writer Ryan Dixon and NHL editor Rory Boylen always give 110%, but never rely on clichés when podcasting. Instead, they use a mix of facts, fun, and a varied set of hockey voices to report on Canada's most popular game.
20. From a schedule manipulation perspective, you may want to divide the following three squads:
Dallas Stars: Mo (EDM), Thu (@TBL), Fr (@FLA), So (CGY)
Waiver looks like: Roope Hintz (38%), Anton Khudobin (18%)
SN Fantasy Pool: Tyler Seguin (3), Ben Bishop (3), Roope Hintz (1)
Edmonton Oilers: Mon (@DAL), Wed (@STL), Fri (PIT), Sa (MTL)
Waiver looks like: Mike Smith (33%), Alex Chiasson (1%),
SN Fantasy Pool: Connor McDavid 4, Leon Draisaitl (4), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2)
Colorado Avalanche: Mon (@STL), Wed (@CHI), Thu (CAR), Sa (CHI)
Waiver looks like: Samuel Girard (13%), Valeri Nichushkin (9%)
SN Fantasy Pool: Nathan MacKinnon (4), Andre Burakovsky (1), Joonas Donskoi (1)
Other SN Fantasy Pool goals: Ryan Getzlaf (2), Seth Jones (2), Roman Josi (2), Anders Nilsson (2)